"Pregnancy yoga is a great way to meet other mums-to-be in the area and to treat your hard-working body to a bit of relaxation. Laurence is a great teacher and and the techniques she teaches have given me more confidence in my ability to manage the challenge of labour. I really find that yoga helps me to unwind and I always sleep so much better on Wednesday nights after yoga! "
So, what's so special about Turner's online Pregnancy Yoga class?
According to Turner, Pregnancy Yoga focuses on the breath for general well-being, body awareness, connection, visualisation, and relaxation with the view to preparing and opening the body for labour. These techniques are recognised by the Yoga Alliance and developed by Vicky Oliver
Specifically, you'll learn:
- By regularly practicing the yoga positions you’ll build strength for an active birth, and encourage your baby to find its optimum position in the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- You’ll soften and open your body, and experience a quiet and tranquil state of being that moves you inwards to feel the connectedness to baby.
- Practicing the relaxation, breathing and visualization techniques will quieten and condition your mind ahead of labor, helping with anxiety
- Yoga is widely recommended by the healthcare practitioners to pregnant women as a way of keeping fit and flexible.
- The emphasis on breathing makes space for the internal organs, instills mindfulness, draws a higher level of oxygen into the womb and more overtly fosters the mother and baby bond; for you share one breath.
To sign up for this online class, click here!